Thursday, January 29, 2009

Tidbits from our Vacation

Some of the funny things that happened:
Sunday when we went to church the walk have not been shoveled and I had open toed shoes on. While holding Parker in one arm, Dave leaned over and put me over his shoulder. He carried us both to the car. Sammie and I were laughing so hard and even people driving by in their cars were totally cracking up. Can you picture it, me in a skirt leaned over Dave's shoulder. It was a good one.

Josh and Dave noticed our car got a mohawk during the show storm.


Later that night we had meatloaf. I make it in muffin tins. There was enough for one after I baked a whole batch. So, Sammie said I should cook it and she'd eat it later. She put it in the oven. I went to put kids to bed and she was playing Halo with the guys (yeah because she's that awesome and can keep up with the guys). Well... we both forgot about the meatloaf. When I mentioned that I forgot about she told me she had too and to take a look at it. It was the crispiest piece of meat I'd ever seen. I should have taken a picture.

Then the best was our hotel room at The Winner's Casino in Winnemucca. The exterior was pretty shady which we expected for $35 a night. When we walked in, this is what we found...

Yep, all the furniture was on the bed. We cracked up. What was the deal? Well after a while, I realized the boys feet and pants were wet. It turned out they had just cleaned the carpets and they were still wet. So, we kept our shoes on the rest of the night. (Expect Parker's footed pj's, I had to use the blow dryer to dry them off).

We went to BYU and ran into Ruth's sister Katie. She works in the Dean's Office, but I thought she also (still) worked at the Bowling Alley. So, we stopped by to see if she was there. So was, but just to eat her lunch with her friends. What was our chances? There you go Ruth... a picture of your sis.


We went and saw my Aunt Lrae. I always love seeing her. She is my mom's sister. She is a hoot. We had a short visit, but it was great to see her.


4 comments:

Jesse, Devon and Aida said...

FUN TRIP!! We just got back last week from Utah! That is hilarious that Dave threw you over his shoulder...where is the camera when you need it?? I have that same blue sweater...did you get it at Nord. Rack? You KNOW I am watching the Bachelor...lets get together to watch it...I am tired of Jesse saying how ridiculous it is while I am trying to enjoy it! I'll call you about Women's Conf. I REALLY want to go!

Ruth M said...

Awesome. I love that you ran into my sister. It must have been the spirit!

English1 said...

Hi, Ashley -

I can now comment, because I finally registered with google or the blog thing, or whatever. I'm such a techie - not! Now I'm going to see if I can get into Kairsee's blog, since I have an account.

Anyway, loved your blog post and slideshow. I have the cutest grandboys in the world! Talk to you later today.

Love,
Dorene

Missy said...

Alrighty Miss Ashley... Next time you are in my area you should come to dinner (if you have time.) It has been FAR too long since I've seen you. I'm glad you all had fun. Dave - what a gentleman!