Sunday, January 25, 2009

Highlights

On our way into Utah we each discussed some of the things we'd like to do on our "vacation." On my list was a visit to The Brick Oven. I just think it is tasty and I also enjoy their rootbeer.



There was this fantastic balloon artist at the restuarant. He made Josh this Leonardo Ninja Turtle. Pretty awesome. He made Parker a monkey (how perfect). Apparently, this balloon artist made a dinosaur out of the balloons the size of a school bus for the Thanksgiving Point Exhibit. That is talent!


Another highlight, as always, is a visit with Emily and Cliff. They are David's great-aunt & uncle. It is a snowy day, so they had us over for homemade chocolate chip cookies and hot chocolate (with mini marshmallows). We just love the time we get with them. We appreciate their interest in us and love to hear about them and their families.



Of course we took a few more pictures than these. So here are a few extra. The first ones are of the boys trying to get Jewels (the cat) out from under the bed.

3 comments:

Kimberly said...

That TMNT balloon is one of the coolest things I've ever seen! I want one and I don't even like the TMNT!

Anonymous said...

That's one heck of a balloon!
Looks like it was a nice get away!

wendy said...

YOU CAME TO UTAH!?
Hope you had fun!
We LOVE Brick Oven! In fact Matt & I went there the other night w/my sister & her hubby. That balloon man is awesome! My kids love him!
Cloe usually gets Tinkerbell.
Ethan & Milo mix it up between the turtles, Yoda, & Darth Vador.
Ellie...she got a crown once.
I was a little surprised that you pick the cold for vacation. Matt I was just saying we wanted to go to California & get warm.
It's always nice to get away for a little bit & enjoy each other!
Wendy