Tuesday, November 18, 2008

The Wright's Open House




My sister in-law, Janell, and I were hired to put on an open house for the Wright family. We had a wonderful time planning such a fun event. We hired Ben & Jerry's to cater, we had jukeboxes from Rock Around the Clock (which they usually never rent), a vintage photo booth that printed black and white photos, a candy station, and a glass bottled soda station. It was our first paid event and we felt a great sense of accomplishment to have everything turn out how we had planned.

Is this a potential business for us, possibly. I have considered doing event planning because it is part of my education plus I enjoy it. Janell and I do enjoy it.

Thank you also to Kairsee Tacher who made the swirl pop center pieces, bouquet, and boutonnière. Also to Ruth Mannion for making the ice cream station awning and delicious butter cookies. Hope you enjoy the photos.

8 comments:

BusyMama said...

That is the cutest idea I've ever seen! I can't believe how creative you guys are! So, so cute.

Tanja said...

This is fantastic. I'm so impressed. You should be proud of yourself. This was a great event!

Janelle said...

I have always wanted to have a B&W photo booth....so I'm jealous! Looked great. You girls did a fantastic job :)

KL said...

Thanks for posting pictures! You guys did a fabulous job. You should definitely go into business!

Orange Peanut said...

I have heard so many compliments regarding the open house. I keep hearing about the photo booth! I love it!

You and I are very much alike - I love to throw parties and decorating is so much fun too!

Way to go!

Ruth M said...

Thanks for the shout out. Ashley, you do make me laugh.

Kimberly said...

Impressive! You have definitely found your calling in life [I mean in addition to Awesome Wife and Mom!] I know you and Ruth did such a great job on my shower..you have skills Ashley, skills.

Anonymous said...

I heard it was awesome!! Wish I could have been there! You are amazing!