
Deceiving, that's what these pictures are. Parker looks like a good sleeper, but he is not. With Josh we used the 5, 10, 15 minute approach and it worked. He would also give in if you let him cry it out. Not our little Parker. We have tried both and neither worked. The YW's president that I work with, Monique, had a video she used for her twins. It is kind of like what we did with Josh, but slightly different. Each night you change the increments of time you go in to check on the baby. So, last night we went in at 2 minutes, 4 minutes, then every 8 minutes after that. Surprisingly, he fell asleep in about 45 minutes. We didn't touch him, just opened the door and calmly told him it was okay, it was night, we sleep at night and that we love him. He slept for about 4 hours and then we went the rounds the rest of the night/ morning. Even though it was tedious, it was great to see that he actually could fall asleep. So, tonight we went in at 4, 6, and then 12 minutes. It took him a bit longer and he has woken up, but he fell asleep before I had to go back in for the second time. I am sure it will be a battle through the week, but Dave is home through Wednesday and this was a good opportunity to start.

A problem I was also worried about is our upstairs neighbor. Yesterday I went up and introduced myself (& Parker the culprit). I explained what we were trying to do and brought her some treats with earplugs attached. (Kind of as a joke, but not.) She was nice and turns out she lives alone. She is a Grandma and understands. It took some burden off of me to know that she was aware of what we were trying to accomplish. I hope that we can get this mastered so we can all move on. I would like a kid free bed again and a reasonable sleep situation for us all. If anyone had any more advice in this department, I'm always open. We do have a routine too before we put him down. I am think that will also help.
3 comments:
Oh, I feel your pain. We had to do the same thing with Carter. I found that he actually did better if I didn't go in repeatedly. I would usually go in once just to make sure he was OK and not sick or dying. If I went in again, he would just get more upset. It was the hardest thing I've ever done, so I feel for you. Hang in there and it will pay off!
Rats, this is my least favorite game. We let Sam cry it out, but its really, really hard. I hope what you are doing works for him though!
Your kids are just the cutest things!!! It was great to catch up on your blog. I just put my blog on private so send me your email so I can send you and invite. shouse03@juno.com
Talk to you later! :)
Post a Comment