I am the kind of person that LOVES surprises. Sometimes Dave will tell me he has something for me and I'll say, "don't tell me, make it a surprise." I guess its the anticipation that makes it fun. With both our boys we found out what they were when it came time for the ultrasound. Ultimately I felt that my love for surprises was beat out for my need to be prepared. Each time with our boys Dave would ask if I was sure I wanted to know. Each time the answer was, "of course!" After Parker though, Dave asked if we could not find out for the rest of our children. I decided I'd agreed to it.
So when this third one was finally on the way, I prepared myself to not find out. The day we had our ultrasound was hard, but I knew I didn't want to give in. Even when Dave said, "if you really want to find out, its okay we can," I wanted to keep my end of the deal. As the technician was doing her measuring I was pretty sure that I could make out that it was a boy. Dave agreed too, but we knew it wasn't for sure because it could be the umbilical cord. Then a couple weeks ago I had to have another ultrasound. Dave wasn't with me for this one, so I considered finding out and keeping it a secret. Instead, I decided I was invested in the surprise. I still looked while she was checking out the baby and this time, I didn't see anything between the legs. SO now I'm thoroughly confused. I'm split 50/50.
While normally with only 10 Sundays left (as Dave reminded me), we would have the nursery done, items purchased, etc... but instead we're just full of anticipation wondering who this little person is heading our way. After having our boys we realize you really don't need much when the new baby arrives. We have the basics and can take care of painting or changing bedding if we need to when the baby comes. I think I'm sold on the surprise system. It is so exciting awaiting delivery day. This will add a whole new element to that special day!
If you ask the boys what we're having Josh will tell you, "either a boy or girl" because he's playing it safe. He doesn't want to be wrong. Parker will tell you, "it's a surprise!" No predictions from them. After we received some little girl's outfits from a friend, they announced they would be okay if was a sister. Three times now when I've been at the store (without the boys standing by me), I've been asked if I am having a boy. I'm carrying low just like I was with the boys. We'll see if that stands true.
So... what's your prediction. Do you think its a boy or our first girl?
2 weeks ago
5 comments:
I'm not going to lie, I wish I could push my need-to-plan-and-prepare-ness aside so that I can some day have a surprise. So I'm proud of you for committing! I'm guessing girl. Can't wait to find out for sure!
I have no prediction, but BE STRONG!!! I have had it both ways and LOVE being surprised the day of delivery. I found out with my twins as the preparations seemed overwhelming, but being surprised is the BEST!! I think I've told you before, but we always told the DR. that I wanted Tyler to be the one to tell me what it was. Hearing the emotion in his voice, behind the "It's a girl" and "It's a boy" is something I will always remember!!! It truly will be the biggest joy and SURPRISE of your life!! SO excited for you!!!
I'm so excited for you either way. I don't put too much stock into how women "carry" their babies. But if it feels the same to you, I'm going to guess another boy.
i am so excited for you guys! {reading this makes me want to have another one}
my prediction~i'm going on experience~ when we FOUND OUT what we were having, it was ALWAYS a BOY.
when we were SURPRISED it was ALWAYS a GIRL!
so my prediction is a GIRL! :o)
I have to prediction, but I know he or she will be one lucky little spirit to have you and your family. :) Hugs and Love!
Post a Comment