Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Ladies first

I have tried to teach my boys ladies first, it applies to all ladies, even our "little" lady friends. Josh is so good at this. The other day we played Old Maid and he insisted every time I go first. He said, "Mom, ladies first." Then he was playing games with Gramma Jean and I heard him say, "No Gramma you go first." When we were on vacation and were getting in the car, he insisted I get into the car first.

On Saturday I had mentioned to the boys that I thought we'd go out to dinner that night. When David woke up Josh told him of my plans. Then I heard him say, "Mom, you choose where we want to go to dinner tonight, since you want to go out." I tried to ask for opinions from my men, but all insisted that I choose, they said ladies choice. I tried Josh one more time, "What sounds good to you Josh?" He said, "No mom, you choose what you'd like."

I have to say, I feel like a Queen in my house. My men are all so good to me and appreciate my attention. It makes me feel special. So, while I wasn't sure ladies first would stick, it has and I like it. I am grateful for my sweet little gentleman Joshie. We'll keep working on Parker.

2 comments:

Mary Jo said...

Wow it sounds like you have them on the right track! I need to start teaching that concept to Jack. Mike of course already knows it. But since I am completely out numbered like you I should start doing that.

English1 said...

So cute! You're such a great Mom!! And of course, I think David and the boys are pretty wonderful and caring, too!

Talk to you soon,

Dorene