Monday, March 2, 2009

Youth Etiquette Dinner and New Beginnings

We have some pretty fantastic youth in our ward. A couple weeks ago we had an etiquette night. It was so great. The Young Men escorted each YW to a table, took their order, brought their dinner, cleared their plates, and hosted them at each table. Joanie Hilton in our ward taught them the appropriate ways to serve and clear plates. While they were eating dinner, Sister Hilton talked about rules and manners. Then talked a bit about dating etiquette. The Young Men and their leaders did all the cooking and clean up. It was a treat. Also, the Senior Sisters in our ward were invited to join us for dinner. They had great conversations with youth and were a wonderful addition to our evening.

Then this past Wednesday, the YW put on a beautiful program for New Beginning. They really worked hard to practice their songs and parts. It was extra emotional for me because I knew it was my last activity with them. I was released yesterday. I had the chance to say my good byes and bear my testimony to them. They are just this amazing group of young women. They have so many fun personalities and so much to offer. They all have a wonderful spirit about them. I will miss them dearly.
So, here is a little slide show to enjoy.

2 comments:

Lindsey said...

ahh I love these pictures! What fun we had with you in YW's! You will be missed dearly.

wendy said...

How fun!
I loved it when I was in YW!