So, here is what is going on. About two weeks ago on our way back from Utah my heart started to feel like it was beating extra. My chest would get heavy, my neck would feel tight, and I would get a little light headed. This lasted over a 48 hour period before I decided to call the advice nurse. They recommended I go to the Emergency Room. So, we did. They did an EKG, did a blood panel, and had me hooked up to a monitor. The results showed that my heart was beating extra. In 10 seconds I had 3 extra heartbeats. It was a bit uncomfortable and tiring, but not terrible (I mean, I've given birth so when they asked my pain tolerance, I didn't know what to compare it to). My blood work all came back fine. They send me home with a referral to a Cardiologist.
By the following Monday (they started on a Tuesday), I was still continuing to experience extra beats. They were still as often, but not as many. The Cardiologist took a listen, he heard the same thing. He said that with my young age, no history of heart problems, and good living habits, it might be one of those crazy things that just comes and goes. He explained that for some reason my electrical impulses are misfiring. I have a regular heartbeat and then, from an upper ventricle I get an additional beat. Since it is not the normal location of my heartbeat, it creates kind of a thump in my chest. To make sure all is well, he has me wearing a Holter monitor for 24 hours. It records any "events" to see what my heart has really been up to. Then today I have an Echo cardiogram. I feel confident that it is going to go away. It is just a strange thing. What's new huh, I've been pretty good this last year about getting strange things. So, thanks for the concern everyone! I'll share my results.
2 weeks ago
9 comments:
My sister-in-law had a very similar thing. Even after being monitored though they didn't find anything abnormal except the extra beat. I am not sure if she is still experiencing it though. Such an odd thing.
you sure have had some crazy health experiences this past year! Good luck with the monitoring...I'm sure you will be fine :)
Liz Bell just had the same thing...weird!! I'm glad that you are so positive about it...I'm sure its nothing and you'll be just fine! Let's plan on the bachelor!!
Well I hope everything turns out OK. When I was like 8 months pregnant they had me do an EKG and that freaked me out. It was nice that they told me right away that nothing was wrong so I didn't have to wait long for results. Still to this day I am not sure why they had me do it. All I know was that I didn't appreciate the nurses comments about stretch marks while she was putting the things on my stomach. I am pretty sure I gave her a dirty look. I was totally like now is not the time! lol
Wow, what a strange thing to just suddenly happen! I hope you are feeling better soon. Hopefully, everything settles down and goes back to normal for you. You seem optimistic about it. Optimism with health issues always makes recoveries go better!
Holy smokes! I hope that it isn't anything serious like your docs have indicated... but kinda scary too.
That does not sound very fun at all. I'll keep my fingers crossed that it will just go away on its own.
That is really strange Ashley. Hope you get some answers soon.
Man, that is odd. I really hope everything is ok!!!
Post a Comment