Thursday, October 16, 2008

A Spiritual Note

"Women of God can never be like women of the world. The world has enough women who are tough; we need women who are tender. There are enough women who are coarse; we need women who are kind... We have enough women of fame and fortune; we need more women of faith." -Margaret D. Nadauld

My morning didn't have the best start, so I went to my scriptures and the Ensign for a jump start. I found this quote in the visiting teaching message. It spoke to me because especially lately, the world is trying to get under our skin. For me being a woman of God gives me peace and comfort. With so many things to be done and all the political unrest, I appreciate time to think about the Savior and his love for me. I want to be a woman of faith.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ashley, you are awesome. Thanks for that wonderful message. I completely agree. It is so comforting to here and read such wonderful reinforcements. It fills my cup. I miss you!!
Hugs!!!

Love Amy

Missy said...

I'm totally with you, Ashley. Thanks for the reminder :)