Sunday, September 7, 2008

Cakes

As I was downloading pictures from my mother in-law's camera tonight, I realized I have made quite a few cakes this year. I am not a "cake maker" per say, I use only box mixes, but enjoy fun ways of decorating them. Maybe some day I should take a class and learn some actual skill. Until then, here are some examples of my "homemade" talent.

Uncle Jordan's Chipotle Burrito Cake
It was a chocolate cake roll with chocolate filling. For sour cream- yogurt, lettuce-coconut, pico de gallo- strawberries, mint, and pear. Possibly my best cake ever! It was about a foot in length.



Aunt Teri's 50th Birthday Cake
I baked and designed, Janell assembled.



Josh's 3rd Birthday "Pool Ball" Cake



Janell's Birthday Cakes
Cake sushi made with pound cake. The idea is from The Family Fun Magazine.





Parker's 1st Birthday
I thought up the idea, but have since seen it elsewhere. It did turn out cute though.

5 comments:

Ruth M said...

Very cute. You do good work. And the pico de gallo was fantastic.

Janelle said...

You have an incredible talent! I thought the Chipolte cake was a real burrito until I read a little more closely...so good!

Anonymous said...

WOW! You are talented!! I just saw a girl that used to be in our ward on Saturday at a baby shower. SHe has started doing cakes and even has a burrito cake on her website. Check it out at www.cakesbyjami.com. An idea for your future?!?!?

Orange Peanut said...

You have sooo many talents!!!

Anonymous said...

You are good! My sisters have started a cake baking business believe it or not! http://thecakestandblog.blogspot.com/
They have fun with it! I used to bake fun cakes for my kids until Cristy & Molly stole my thunder with their beautiful cakes! Although one year my Barney cake was mistaken for Al Roker...so maybe I wasn't cut out for cake decorating!