Saturday, March 1, 2008

We're on our way...




Our Friday morning started out with our favorite we're on our way song, "on our way to Fallon's wedding!" We left at about 8 am and had a beautiful drive down I-5 to Santa Barbara. Our state is beautiful! There were lots of animals and fruit trees to watch along the ride. Josh saw all kinds of walnut trees and wanted to stop to eat the "popcorn trees."

It
was tempting. Parkeroni was a trooper! He is not a fan of the car in the first place, but did great! As long as he was fed I would let him cry. That would last maybe 10 minutes or so and then he would take a nap. He slept a lot of the way. I actually got to just sit and read a book. I almost didn't even know what to do with myself! That was a treat.

It got a little hectic when we hit traffic near Santa Barbara not because of the kids, but because he were cutting it close for the
rehearsal. All went well though. Our hotel is great and we enjoyed some time in the hot tub. I don't think the couple being "romantic" (that is be conservative) appreciated us joining them with a two year old, but hey they obviously had a room in the hotel. It is fun to be here with all the family.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Ashley! We've been out of town in Disneyland, Tahoe, Chico, anyways, I got your picture and thank you! It's totally cute and I'll use it soon here. I'm thinking of doing a couples baby shower for Ben and Kim. She liked the idea, it's just hard w/Ben travelling so much. He leaves tomorrow for another 2 weeks. We helped move them into their new house in Stockton and it is beautiful! I want that house!! I won't make this a novel, but yes, I totally want to do a shower for her, when is Kimberly's? Just so we don't do it the same day! I'll send out invites and stuff. Thanks for the link to the blog, I'll check in often! Have fun on your trip! Amber :>

Jesse, Devon and Aida said...

Holy crap is that Jordan in the background? I haven't seen that kid in years!! So fun that you guys get to go out of town..I need a nice vacation...even a little one!! I tagged you...go to my blog for the details and call me when you get back in town and you guys have time to hang out!! ~dev