
It seems as though Parker's surgery was a success. What a day! I am thankful to my Heavenly Father for the blessings we were given throughout the surgery process. Last night I was starting to get a little nervous thinking about Parker having to fast, have anesthesia, a tube for breathing, & the recovery. Everything went as planned and better than I expected.

I woke up and fed Parker at 3 am. We got to the surgery center at 7 am. We were checked in and then they sent us to prepare for surgery. There were a few other children there for other procedures such as tonsils, tubes in their ears, teeth surgery, etc... Parker was perfect. They gave him a gown that wa
s probably child's size, it was huge! It included a cap and ankle socks that went to his knees. He was popular too, all the ladies had to see him and couldn't help but admire his cheeks. After they took his vitals we had to wait an hour for his surgery. I was worried he was going to start getting hungry and fussy, he didn't. He actually was pretty tired and I got him to drift off to sleep. He slept until it was time for his surgery. Dr. Satterfield came in and c
hecked on us then prepared for the surgery. Parker had a nurse that was a man, I thought that was cool since Dave is a nurse. The surgery took about an hour and a half. They had trouble finding veins to use for his iv's in his meaty little body (which they gave to him once he was asleep). The dr. said he was probably poked about 15 times and he has the evidence. They finally got a good vein in his foot by his ankle. When I went to recovery he was so sad and still trying to wake up. He was just in a diaper and a blanket. His eyes were a little puffy and bleeding. I felt so bad for my boy, but all the nurses were doing everything to make him comfortable. His little jaw was chattering and he had a horse cry because of the tube that had been in. They decided
to give him a couple other medications to help calm him. They worked and we were able to take him home.He got some good rest this afternoon and has been a very happy boy. It seems like he is seeing the world for the first time. He is in awe of everything! When he saw my mom he kept looking at her and feeling her face. This evening when Josh got home, Parker was so excited to see him. Josh got him one of those Fisher Price ring towers and Parker just loved it! His eyes already look better. His left one (the weaker one) is still a little turned in, bu
t we already knew he will have to do some additional patching for that eye. It is a relief that this surgery is over. We are thankful to Gramma Jean for watching Josh, Grandma Mills for staying with us during the surgery, and Grandma & Grandma S for taking Josh for the evening. Not to mention the calls from our family and friends to check in on our Parkeroni. Tomorrow he will have a follow up appointment to see how everything turned out.
3 comments:
I'm glad everything worked out! Poor little guy had to go through SO much! I loved the video of Josh, what a funny kid!!
Hi Ashley! I saw your blog and thought I would say hi! I'm glad the surgery went well for your little guy! He's such a doll! Hope to see you at the park next week!
Hey Ash, I am glad that everything went well with the surgery. He looked so dang cute in that gown! Oh, and Teri wins aunt of the year....how stinkin' fun for Josh!
Post a Comment