Saturday, September 8, 2012

Emmi Baby's Birthday Party


As usual, the first year went by in a flash. Emmi has been the best baby. She has really made our year! One thing (of many) that Emmi has done for our family, is taught the boys how to be affectionate and gentle. They are always so rough, wrestling and being boys, but not with Emmi. In their tone, the way they play with her, and help her with what she needs is kinder. I didn't know how life would be with a girl. Trying to figure out how to dress and accessorize her was new to me. I felt like there needed to be a little girl handbook with tips like... what color tights are appropriate with black shoes or you should have a diaper cover with every dress. We survived though. (Although, her hair flower does look a little out of control in the pictures. It was meant to be outrageous for her birthday, but one day she'll say what were you thinking!) Her almost always happy demeanor and smile has brought so much joy to our family.

To celebrate Emmi's birthday we had some friends and family over. 


Since our Miss Emmi has "orange" hair, I decided to just orange for decorating. 




I baked a cake for Parker's birthday earlier in the month and decided, I'm never baking a cake for birthdays again. It tasted fine, but I am always disappointed in the appearance. Thankfully, my friend Scot is an amazing pastry chef. This was the BEST cake I have ever eaten. It was like an orange creamsicle. I am not a big cake person, but I actually ate the left overs.


Then came the gifts. She wasn't quite sure what to do. Her brothers were her helpers. After everything was opened (and Aunt Teresa took everything out of the packages, that was a gift by itself), she played all night with her new toys!






One of the funniest things about Emmi is that she loves the camera. She is a ham! While she was sitting here on the table, she would smile for each camera, even looking in the right direction. 

Below is Emmi's personal birthday cake. Peter took some great pictures of her close up, but I haven't found them on computer yet. He got a good one of her eating the cake with her mouth and no hands.





Janell cut the cake for me, look at the the colors in the cake. It had an orange curd filling. Delicious!


I realized we didn't get pictures of Emmi with all the grandparents. Don't you think we all need personal photographers for these kinds of events?! Anyways... it was a great day. It was nice to spend time with those that care about our Emmi. And now we're officially onto whole milk and front facing car seats!











No comments: