Monday, May 16, 2011

30th Birthdays

Dave and I turned 30 just 4 days apart. It's great having a husband the same age because we share milestones together.

All I wanted to do for my 30th was dance, so we had a dance party. It was a fun evening celebrating with friends/family, dancing, and having some fabulous food!

Scot and his food assistant (& wife) Amy did an amazing job. Scot is a chef and it helped me to just be able to enjoy the evening without worrying about the food.




You can always count on Carolyn Canning to be a party girl, but watch out Tracy Bacchus might just be second in command. She danced the night away!

I've been fortunate to have some great friends in my life. Jordan (on my left) has been a friend of mine since birth. We have gone to all the same schools, had many of the same teachers, friends, and he has been part of my life for 30 years. He was the friend that pulled me out of bed when I was depressed after a break up, crack me up with his many impressions, and was someone I could always count on (unless it came to amusement park rides, he was no help there). James (on my right) has been my friend since the 3rd grade. While we never went to school together we were in the same ward for many years. Just like Jordan, he was a friend that you could always rely on. He was always the life of the party. He is pretty brave and got me to do thing I would have never done, like jump off the Weimar bridge. It made my birthday even more special to have us all together to laugh about old times.

James shares the same birthday as me, so we included him in blowing out the candles.


Then the dancing began!



Thanks to all those that helped us celebrate. I felt very special and am excited to enter this new phase of my life with Dave.

2 comments:

Bacchus Family said...

I guess my secret is out. We had a great time. Thanks letting us help celebrate.

Rice Family said...

Who doesn't like a dance party right!?! It was such a fun night! Thanks for letting us be part of it! :)