Thursday, November 25, 2010

Thanksgiving Celebrations

Throughout the month of November Josh learned about the Pilgrims. It was fun to hear him come home everyday and talk about something new he learned. To celebrate the season, the Kindergarten classes had a feast.

There were Pilgrims, Native Americans, and turkeys. Josh kind of wanted to be a turkey, but was still happy when his name was drawn to be a Pilgrim.

The kids worked hard to prepare for their feast, just like the Pilgrims. They make place mats, napkin rings, their costumes, butter, and stuffing. They all seemed pretty satisfied with their accomplishments.

Mrs. Kirk even dressed up for the feast. She encouraged the kids to try everything, even if they knew they didn't like it. Josh listened to his teacher had even eaten a bite of mashed potatoes (one of the few foods he just doesn't like).

On this day I felt grateful to have these experiences as a mom. I love being able to support my kids and see them participate in enriching activities.


On to The Mills Thanksgiving...

Kairsee dazzled us with her vegetable turkey platter


The boys were very impressed with the pumpkin turkey

Josh and Parker (and Mom), made some napkin holders


The boys brought their place mats they made at school.

Aunt Teri made these cute "turkey" cookies (they were a chicken cookie cutter).

The boys enjoyed decorating the cookies


Of course we took some family pictures. This was post turkey dinner after Dave got home from work. At this point Parker had eaten 3/4's of the candy dish in the family room. By the time we left he finished it off. I knew he had been eating some of the candy in the bowl, but I had no idea he had eaten almost all of it. SO... yes it took him a while to wind down for bed. I hope he sleeps it off!

No comments: