I had the pleasure of attending Women's Conference this year.
It was a treat to have my mother in-law Dorene, sister in-law Janell, and my good friend Kim join me.
It was a treat to have my mother in-law Dorene, sister in-law Janell, and my good friend Kim join me.
Yes, we had lots of comments on our red hair!
In one year's period of time I have been fortunate enough to meet each member of the General Relief Society Presidency.
At Women's Conference I met Sister Silvia Allred, First Counselor in the presidency. She happened to be walking right towards me after one of our classes. This year our Relief Society has used her talk titled, "Every Woman Needs Relief Society," as our theme for the year. A member of my RS Presidency even mentioned that it would be neat if I ran into her to share this. I sure was surprised when I did.
At Women's Conference I met Sister Silvia Allred, First Counselor in the presidency. She happened to be walking right towards me after one of our classes. This year our Relief Society has used her talk titled, "Every Woman Needs Relief Society," as our theme for the year. A member of my RS Presidency even mentioned that it would be neat if I ran into her to share this. I sure was surprised when I did.
This year I was also blessed with the opportunity to visit with Sister Barbara Thompson, Second Counselor, at a regional training. Just 11 Relief Society Presidents joined her to talk about our ward's Relief Society and listen to her words of counsel. After wards, we joined her for a fantastic dinner. Later we heard more from her in a training session.

Then last year at Women's Conference, I met Sister Julie B. Beck. I posted about this already, but am still so grateful for the chance to meet her. She is a real example to me. When she speaks, I listen because I know she is receiving counsel for the Relief Society sisters of this great church.
1 comment:
How awesome!! I had a good excuse this year missing Women's Conference, but next year I really want to go! Glad you were able to!
Post a Comment