Tuesday, August 25, 2009

The Tonight Show with Conan O'Brien

If our trip wasn't already good enough, we then got to go to the taping of Conan O'Brien. We went to Hollywood before going to the studio, grabbed some lunch and got in line around noon. We were numbers 8-11 in line. So, we were pretty happy about that. They came out around 2 pm to give us wrist bands and then lead us into the studios around 3:40ish. While in line I crocheted, yeah call me an old lady (it was for a Humanitarian project).


While in line we started to chat with our new friend, Anthony. He is from Australia. He was in the US for a few months traveling and knew he wanted to end his trip by seeing Conan. We had the best time visiting with him and with another Aussie, Eugene. We all just talked until it was time to go in. Anthony is also in a band called Our Monk. You can find him on iTunes. He wanted a picture of us, so we thought we'd get one with him too (Anthony is in the middle & Sebastian is next to Dave).


So then it was time to go in for the show. Dave scored us the prized seats! We couldn't believe that we were right behind Andy Richter! It was awesome! We were within arm reach of every important person on the show. The band all came past us, smiled at us and Max almost gave Jeff a fist bump. Andy smiled and waved right at us when he was leaving (not that I am a big Andy fan, but still cool).



During the commercial break Conan came right in front of us to talk to the warm up comedian. I could have run my fingers through his once redhead hair. Bill Maher was terrible, you could even see how tense Conan was during the interview. Nick Cannon was slightly better, pretty quick interview, and then The King's of Leon were awesome. We like them, so it was neat to see them in person. We were on TV a handful of times at the beginning, so it was fun to not only be there, but have people see us too. Overall, it was fantastic. We had a great time with Jeff and Kairsee, I loved spending time with just Dave, and we got to see some fun things! Who could ask for more.

Here's the episode if you'd like to see us.

5 comments:

Lindsey said...

we recorded the show and watched it and totally saw you guys! It looked like fun, great seats :D

Kimberly said...

I watched the beginning and saw you several times, that's pretty neat. Looks like you guys had an awesome trip!!!

General Mills said...

When I saw you guys, it was really weird! You guys were perfectly framed and all! Looked like it was a really fun trip!

Heather Mills said...

When Kairsee called and told us to record Conan because ya'll were in the audience I had no idea you guys had such awesome seats! You guys were practically guests on the show! That was so cool to see you guys. Looks like a great time!

Unknown said...

It appears I'm the first Sydneysider to comment on your blog. I feel priveliged.