Sunday, May 17, 2009

Mother's Day Festivities

I had a wonderful Mother's day week. It all started off with a Mother' Day program at pre-school, complete with singing, gifts, and treats. It was my first Mother's Day program, so it was extra special.





Josh made me a beautiful candle votive and some lily's using his handprints as the flower.


This was after the program.






Then we had our annual Susan G. Komen, Walk for the Cure. We had a great time as always, the boys joined us on the walk this year and Amber had Cameron, plus Jillian. The kids were great though. Janell decided to run the 5k first and then join us for the walk. After wards we went to Eggie's for breakfast and enjoyed each others company.

After the walk, I enjoyed a Mother's Day luncheon at the home of a friend of mine. She and her husband put on a beautiful spread. We had such a great time just relaxing and being treated. It was so nice being "hosted" instead of the hostess.

On Mother's Day, I was too busy to take any pictures. In the afternoon and evening we celebrated by talking with my brother in-law, Jordan, who is on his mission in Uruguay, having a special dinner with my parents, enjoying being showered with cards and a beautiful pink necklace with matching earrings. "My men" as I call them, treat me like a Queen almost all the time. I appreciate how they go out of their way to make me feel special, especially on Mother's Day.

No comments: