Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Big Brother

David told Josh this weekend that he has to learn how to change diapers before we have another baby. Then when the baby comes it will be his responsibility to change all the diapers. Josh thought that was a pretty good idea, so last night after we got home from my parents be begged me to teach him how to change Parker's diaper. I told him I didn't think Parker would go for it. When we were getting ready for bed we decided give it a try. Josh opened the diaper up and Parker actually laid down for him. Then I talked him through it. It was just a wet one, so it wasn't hard to change. He did a great job! He was so proud of himself. Then he wanted to help him get his pj's on. So, he did. He need just a little assistance, but got him all dressed. What a brother!

Last week after a little surprise birthday celebration with Peter and Janell, Parker was sad to leave their house. So, he was screaming in the car. Dave and I were just trying to tune it out, literally by turning up the radio. Well after a minute we realized Josh was singing to Parker. He sang him Twinkle Twinkle Little Stars until he calmed down and then fell asleep. Josh said, "Mom I sang to him and made him feel better." What a brother. I couldn't be more grateful for my boys. They just brighten my day!

5 comments:

Kimberly said...

That's so cute. I look forward to times like that in the future. :)

Trent and Amber said...

Awww, don't you just love that? We need to remember these good moments for the future.... :)

mptanner said...

That is so sweet. Things like that have got to make you feel so good about being a mom, and happy to have such delightful kids.

The Higginbothams said...

That is so sweet!

Ariel said...

yes...that would be the best bet for catching up I am sure! I think I am just under Ariel Wilkins...I will search for you too!