Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Gratitude

I am posting a post of gratitude today. Last Tuesday I had an endoscopy done. This is when a doctor puts a camera down your throat to take a better look at, in my case, my upper intestine. The doctor also took a biopsy of my intestine to see if it showed signs of Celiac Disease (allergy to gluten and wheat). Late this afternoon I received my results, they were negative for Celiac! I almost cried when the woman gave me the results. They are still going to do more blood work and I guess there is a possibility of another problem, but for now the tests show negative!

I am so thankful. There have been countless conference talks, Ensign articles, and scriptures that I have read that have brought me comfort and guidance. I listened to a talk from April conference a few mornings before my procedure. It was give by Elder Bednar titled Ask in Faith. I felt like Heavenly Father was speaking straight to me.

Elder Bednar talks about three things, ask in faith and act, after the trial of our faith, and not my will, but thine be done. What stood out to me was sincerely asking Heavenly Father in faith for this blessing that I needed. The other was to recognize, not my will, but thine will be done. That is the hardest part, knowing that there is a plan for me and accepting that plan. I know I am not totally out of the woods, but I feel that I was blessed and comforted because the guidance from a man of God. I felt my prayers became more sincere as I asked for this miracle and sincerely understand that thine will must be done. I wish I were perfect and didn't need trials to learn new things about myself, but I appreciate the opportunity to have a "refresher" on gospel principles that are important to me. So, I have gratitude today for prayer and blessings of good health!

2 comments:

Orange Peanut said...

Oh such good news!!! Bummer that you still don't know what is wrong. I hope that they are able to determine what is wrong quickly.

I LOVE that talk by Elder Bednar. It touched me too! We have been trying hard to add a few prayers of just gratitude.

Missy said...

Woo-Hoo! I'm so happy for you, Ashley! I'm sorry that you still don't know what is wrong, but bring on the wheat!