Friday, October 3, 2008

Boo-tatoes



A fun Martha Stewart idea:
"When you've already got costumes on your mind, why not disguise dinner as well? Classic meatloaf is dressed up with two special side dishes. We used a pastry bag to pipe mashed potatoes into ghosts and sweet potatoes into pumpkins. The ghosts' eyes are black sesame seeds. For the pumpkins, pecan halves make the steams and bits of cilantro become leaves."

3 comments:

Mandi said...

It is a cute background! I like how you put a white background. I might have to tink around with mine more. Hope you having a spooktacular conference weekend!

Anonymous said...

That is a really cute idea! I like your background too!

Orange Peanut said...

I love those mashed potatoes. I have piped them out of my pastry bag to make them look like mummys, but those potatoes look so much easier! Gotta love Martha and the creative people that work with her!