Friday, July 11, 2008

Ever have one of those weeks?

You know, those weeks filled with good intentions, but you just end up feeling bad. Or even when things just don't go the way you plan. That's been my week.

It all started on Sunday when I tried to help our Relief Society Pres. with a visit to a new couple in our ward. I told her I would be happy to go with her, but I had my children. She said it would be fine to bring them. So, I did. I will never do that again. My children were terrible. The worst they have ever been anywhere. This nice couple didn't have any children, so there were breakable items all at the levels they could reach. Josh kept putting his feet on their slider window and whinning that he wanted to go home. Parker was playing the "I'm a wet noodle" game when I was trying to hold him. So after the visit was over, all I could do was apologize. I felt terrible.

Next, Monday we had our neighbors down for dessert. She is a less active sister on my VT route. They are the nicest couple and we have been wanting to get to know them as our neighbors. When it was all over I ended up saying something about VT that made it sound like that was the whole reason we had them down. I felt terrible about that! I don't even know why the comment came out. It wasn't planned.

Thursday, we had a YW presidency mtg. I had offered to bring lunch. So, I made this quiche that my sister in-law's mother in-law (kind of wordy), makes. Well, it didn't cook quite right. It got a little toasted on top and didn't cook all through the middle. I thought it tasted alright, but when I got to my parents house my mom took one look at it and turned up her nose. She asked if we really ate it. I felt terrible that I put the presidency though that! Then I got a stomachache! I hate when good intentions go awry!

Last night we had Chinese. My fortune cookie told me "COURAGE AND OPTIMISM ARE YOUR BEST TRAITS." I think the optimistic part is true, but not this week. I better rely on the courage though because the weeks not quite over yet!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Ashley! I love you!! We all have crappy weeks like that! Trust me, it can always get worse! haha ..that's from Steel Magnolia's.. ahhh good movie, I believe Ouiser said that line..go watch that ! ;) Just teasing, the week is about done and we will start a new one Sunday. Perfect timing, church, sacrament and then 'Oh Happy Day'!
HUGHUGHUGS!
Love Amy

Tanja said...

Chin Up! Be thankful that your not one of those people(like me) that puts their foot in their mouth every week!!