Sunday, April 20, 2008

Elf?

Last night we went to my parent's ward potluck. The theme was food storage, so we had to bring items that we could make with it. I have some tasty dishes, but I think I had a chicken enchiladas with gluten instead of chicken. It was good, I just realized the texture was a bit off.

Anyways, Josh was running around and wanting to play with some older boys. When he caught up to them he got a little nervous and wanted me. I followed up behind him and made sure he knew I was there. The boys were really nice and told him he could play with them. He declined and when they boys ran off one said to the other, "Doesn't he kind of look like an elf?" referring to Josh. I didn't know to crack up or feel bad that a kid thought my child looked like an elf. (I really did have to laugh.My mom and I think the little guy thought that because of his shorts and crocs.) He is a cute elf though!

2 comments:

Tanja said...

He's such a cute elf...Hey, I'm having a jewelry party next Tuesday the 29th. Didn't have your mailing address to send an invite but I would love to see you. There will be tons of great stuff. It's an open house from 4-7pm. Drop by and bring friends! Let Ruth know too!

Jesse, Devon and Aida said...

OH!! I don't think he looks like an elf...kids are so mean!! He is hilarious...I can't believe he said that about my Aida cakes! I don't even know where that nick name came from?? BTW...you did such a good job on the shower, it was really fun and I want someone to ask me to throw them a shower so we can play your fun game!! Jesse is FINALLY back in town so lets get together soon!