Sunday, March 2, 2008

The Wedding


"The Wedding." There is quite a story that could be told to explain how Fallon and George got to this day. All that was important to them was that they made it. I think it was practically perfect in their book too. Fallon has been planning this wedding for two years now. She has put a lot of effort into every detail and it was beautiful. Not only was the wedding beautiful, but she was beautiful.

We started at the chapel where everyone arrived according to plans. A quartet played beautiful music while Jordan and Nathan (our cousin) ushered in guests. George escorted his mom to her seat and then the bridal party got into position. This was where I began to sweat it because Josh was the ring bearer. He had practiced, but he was fresh from a nap and not refreshed. (If you know Josh, you know this is a bad thing.) He started to warm up, but the flower girl was quite upset herself. The florist put these cute fake butterflies and bees in her bouquet. She was so afraid of them. So her mom was trying to calm her down. I was standing outside of the chapel at this point, with Parkeroni in my arms. It came time for the two little ones to walk and Josh freaked. He didn't want to let go of my hand. I thought, great now I have to walk down the aisle. So, I passed Parker off to some lady who runs the chapel and started down the aisle carrying the ring barer football. Josh cried the whole way down and was requesting I pick him up. Eventually, he just walked without me tugging and we made it to where Dave was standing. Then the poor flower girl started out and her hoop slip slid off, so her mom had to pick her up out of it and walk her down the aisle. It was pretty cute though. Josh did escort her down the aisle when it was over.

The ceremony went on and I stood in back with Parker. I wanted a quick escape if he was loud. David spoke and gave the nicest reading. He talked about marriage and how it is a journey. He talked about the blessings that come when you work through trials and tribulations. He gave a little advice and shared some scriptures. I think it meant a lot to Fallon. The ceremony lasted for probably 30 minutes. We took a couple family pictures and headed off to the reception.

Okay, now here is where the story gets good. There was no drama for the bride and groom, but for me! My stomach started to feel a little upset during the ceremony. As we started for the car I thought, this isn't going so well. We hopped in and since we knew where we were going, the Mills family (3 cars) followed behind us. Well, the stomach pain started to get worse. I have never actually experienced the feeling that I had to find a restroom right away. I don't think David understood at first how bad I really felt. He offered to get me a bag, but I told him, seriously? Plus, it wasn't that kind of stomachache. Dying, I just am looking for any option in case of the worst! We came to a stop light and I look over to see a public bathroom. Aawww! I think there were angels singing... I said come back and get me. I got out of the car and ran straight into the restroom, yep all the cars watched wondering what in the world I was doing. Thankfully I had changed into flatter shoes in the car. After about 15 or 20 minutes there I was able to get out and find David circling for I don't know how long. We hopped in the car for just long enough for me to run into the resort to find the next restroom. Which pretty much explains the rest of my evening. I felt good enough to walk to where the reception was and get a sprite. Then to head to the closest restroom and stay for the next two hours or so. You would be amazed how many nice people I met though. I met many of George's family and Fallon's co-workers. Not to mention my own family paid me plenty of visits. Thankfully there was a fantastic couch for me to rest on. They would bring Parker to me to eat and then send him back to Dave. Everyone helped Dave with the boys. At one point Teri came to check on me. Talking to me through the stall I informed her I might need a bag or bucket because I was starting to think it was food poisoning. (Which thankfully it wasn't). She came back with the largest garbage bag I'd ever seen. I honestly could fit my whole body in it. It was all the gal at the desk had. (It ended up being a great dirty clothes bag for the way home) So, finally at about 8 pm, I felt confident to leave the restroom. I think the reception started at 5:30 or 6 pm. I missed the first 2 courses and the sorbet. I did make it for the entree, which since I knew how much was spent on me being there... I ate it. It was the best fillet I'd ever had. Shortly after that Parker was ready to go. The music was too loud for him and he kept squirming. It had been a long day. Needless to say, I didn't get any pictures of Fallon except for this one. No pictures of the reception either!

While I was in the bathroom though, Josh enjoyed himself thoroughly. He loves receptions. He can barely sit in his seat with the music going. He ran around in his little suit with his bow tie. Every toast that was given he had to clap for. Then he figured out how to take pictures with the disposable cameras. Everyone that came in the bathroom had to comment on how cute he was. One lady asked me if I was Josh's mother. It cracked me up that someone knew him and I didn't know her.

Even though I didn't get to enjoy everything, it was beautiful. There was a great band and dj, they had casino tables with prizes, and great food. With all the hard work Fallon put into this day, I think she was successful in making sure everyone had fun and enjoyed themselves.

3 comments:

Ruth M said...

Oh Ashley, I am so sorry. I hope you're feeling better now. That is such a horrible feeling.

Heather Mills said...

Ashley, I am sorry you had such a terrible time! Thanks for filling us in on the wedding though. I am sad that we had to miss it. Its sounds like it was beautiful and way fun....even from the bathroom!

Janelle said...

Is this the same wedding that was postponed this last summer because of a bachelor incident? I'm glad things have worked out. Janell's hair is cute short. And congratulations to Dave!!!